Re: Thread on flit...

On 18 February 2018 at 00:03, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 17, 2018 at 4:41 PM, Julien Puydt wrote:
>
>> It is intended for trivial packaging... so perhaps dh_python could
>> detect its use and do something smarter.
>
> Ideally, debhelper should DTRT no matter what build system is in use.

Agreed. Its worth noting though that we've finally introduced a build
system abstraction into Python, so dh_python should instead learn to
drive PEP-517 build systems; that will support flit and others over
time.

It does require a python thunk, sadly - see PEP 516 which was the
alternative :) - but its not too deep an issue to write that and slap
a CLI on it for dh_python to use.

-Rob