Re: pycharm package in debian

On 2017-10-01 17:16, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> Most likely a lot. We are talking about a large application with probably
> quite a few dependencies in Java / Kotlin.
>
> Why not? Because failure to commit to regular updates would feed the
> current narrative that Debian ships old and loosely maintained software.
> Especially when there are other means of installing the software which are
> officially documented upstream.
>
> I have been there with packages I personally maintain (spyder for
> instance), and I am raising these concerns out of my own experience and
> feedback from existing users. Feel free to disregard.

Those are absolutely valid concers. I'm aware of many outdated
packages, including some maintained by me. I leave the challenge
to those, who like to package it. Still, if PyCharm were in
Debian, I would at least try it out some day.

Cheers

PS: Is there maybe something broken with the quoting function of
your MUA? I cannot differentiate between text written by you and
quoted text. There is no '> ' or whatever...