Re: Namespace conflict for python-magic

Mathias Behrle wrote...

> So finally I am still quite undetermined what to do to get the actual release
> of relatorio packaged[5] (it will be needed for the next release of Tryton). For
> now there is only one usage of python-magic[6], so probably best to patch
> relatorio for now to use file-magic...

Since I doubt it's super-urgent, just wait a few weeks to see what's
going to happen.

In the best outcome, this issue will resolve itself within the next
weeks. Another idea was to add a compability layer in Debian, probably
by switching to PyPi and providing glue code for the users of the
file(1) version. Since to me it seems PyPi is the saner implementation,
CMIIW.

Worst approach: Ship a code copy. Appearently kopanocore, peframe and
sqlmap already do that. You'll have to clean up afterwards, though.

    Chri- "The delivery of good medica^W packaging is to do as much nothing as possible" stoph