Re: Packaging (and RFS) for pymssql 2.1.1+dfsg-1

Control: severity 709210 grave

On Wed, 24 May 2017, James Andrewartha wrote:

Hi Geoffrey, Joss, DPMT

There's been no substantive uploads of this package in the past 8 years,
and we've missed the chance to get a new package into stretch. I'm
tempted to request its removal from stretch given it's seriously buggy
#709210 and unmaintened.

Hi James,

Thanks for the reminder! I've fixed up the packaging to work with the current upstream release 2.1.3 and uploaded it, and I've filed an unblock request, bug #863287, to see if the release team is willing to get it into Stretch. I'll also try to get it into backports, either way.

Joss, I missed your reply before 2.1.3+dfsg-1 was tagged/uploaded but I added myself to Uploaders, and I can remove you from Maintainers in the next release. (I left the job where we were using SQL Server, but I'm able to test against SQL Server for Linux, because apparently we live in a world where Microsoft hosts an apt server and builds Debian packages with systemd unit files.) Thanks for all your past work on the package!

--
Geoffrey Thomas
https://ldpreload.com