Re: RFS: python-jsonref 0.1

Il 31/12/2016 16:22, Mattia Rizzolo ha scritto:

> Hi Paolo,
> <fill here my recommendations about RFS bugs..>

Hi Mattia, recommendations received ...

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 08:33:20AM +0100, Paolo Greppi wrote:
>> I packaged python-jsonref as per this ITP:
>> https://bugs.debian.org/844986, this is the repo:
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/packages/python-jsonref.git
>>
>> Please someone more experienced than me review it and if it's OK sponsor
>> its upload.
>
> * git is lacking a pristine-tar branch, please push it (I don't even try
>   to build without)

oops, should be fine now

> * d/control:
>   + please wrap-and-sort that list of build-deps

OK

>   + maintainer is you, and DPMT is nowhere to be seen

set DPMT as maintainer and myself as uploader

>   + why is Testsuite commented out?

uncommented

> * please bump compat to 10

OK

> * d/rules:
>   + I think you need to also do --with sphinx to have dh_sphnixdocs do
>     it's job?

indeed the *-doc package was empty; I had a look at this:
https://wiki.debian.org/Python/LibraryStyleGuide#Sphinx_documentation
plus some inspiration from other python packages, should be OK now

> * d/copyright:
>   + why are you listing all the files instead of using wildcards?!

simplified

>   + is there a particular reason the license of debian/ is different and
>     more stricter than upstream's?

because I want my Debian contributions to be GPL'd

>   + no need to repeat "Copyright (C)" on the Copyright: lines

OK

>   + also I very much like emails in d/copright

OK

>   + the license field of upstream also include the copyright notice, it
>     shouldn't

OK

> * that proxytypes.py has a "based on the implementation..", are you sure
>   that's not under a different copyright/license? (if so upstream might
>   be at fault here, and this package might not be redistributable)

I looked it up, it seems like it's PSF which is already used by some debian packages i.e. python2.7

I also addressed a couple of Lintian Is including new-package-should-not-package-python2-module, but I still get it for python-jsonref-doc (?)

That should be it !

Paolo