Re: avoiding regressions with python3-all-dev in between transitions?

> As with every recent transition, we are finding a number of packages that
> have wrong build-dependencies on python3-all-dev despite having no support
> in the packaging for multiple versions.  Some of these packages just
> continue to build for the default version, and some of them fail to build.

I suspect a related issue is packages that build fine, but the tests
don't actually run tests against all python versions.

For example, python-django-jsonfield has in debian/rules:

override_dh_auto_test:
        python2 debian/run_tests.py
        python3 debian/run_tests.py

Wonder how many other packages are similar.

This particular case looks like it was my fault :-( - from a change made
in 2014. It is possible I used the same pattern in other packages,
although I can't find anything else right now (not counting a package
not in Debian) - from a quick scan of all my */debian/rules files on my
system - which I think includes all packages I have ever touched.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>