Re: Moving off of git-dpm (Re: git-dpm breakage src:faker)

Brian May <bam@debian.org> writes:

> git read-tree --reset -u upstream
> git reset -- debian
> git checkout debian
> git rm debian/.git-dpm

I have tried these steps on python-mkdocs in the debian/experimental
branch, and then upgraded to the latest upstream (using instructions on
wiki). Works perfectly[1].

The only unexpected problem I had is that "gbp import-orig --uscan", by
default, switches to the master branch and attempts to merge the new
upstream there. Which wasn't going to work, because master still is the
patches-applied git-dpm version. I had assumed that it would work on the
current branch; it doesn't.

The wiki should be ammended with instructions on how to edit
debian/gbp.conf at the appropriate steps. Writing a new default to
debian/gbp.conf does fix this.

The above also assumes that upstream==origin/upstream==latest
upstream. Which means you need to have done a git pull recently on the
upstream branch. Depending on the circumstances, using origin/upstream
might be a better choice rather then upstream.

Notes:

[1] Well apart from a new "source-is-missing" lintian warning, probably
from the new upstream. So probably not ready for upload just yet.
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>