Re: Backport of python-lockfile and suggested team maintenance

Hi Ben,

On Fri, Mar 03, 2017 at 09:50:59PM +1100, Ben Finney wrote:

> Fortunately, Git is a distributed VCS; we can share changes between
> repositories with all information preserved.
>
> If you also publish your repository, you can ‘git request-pull’ to the
> package maintainer address and I can see about getting them in.

Thanks for teching me git features.  However, if maintainers decide from
deriving what several people consider good practice of team maintenance
and put extra work on me (like creating an extra public repository) I'm
not willing to do this.  You probably see some advantages in maintaining
packaging outside git.debian.org.  Its you descision whether it
outweights direct commits from other maintainers to this repository.

> > I'd consider it sensible if you would consider maintaining the package
> > inside DPMT and the corresponding repository which enables easier
> > contributions to the package.
>
> I'm glad that there are multiple sensible options: the maintainer can be
> a named person, the maintainer can be a team. I consider either of those
> sensible.

There was a longish discussion on Debian Project[1] and my reading of it
was that named person maintenance is not the prefered way.

Kind regards

      Andreas.

[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2016/12/threads.html

--