Re: Adopting OpenStack packages

On March 4, 2017 6:41:13 PM EST, Thomas Goirand <zigo@debian.org> wrote:
>On 03/04/2017 06:03 AM, Scott Kitterman wrote:
>> If you don't understand why, after repeated warnings,
>> you were temporarily banned from  team repository access,
>
>I understand, but I don't agree. My view is that it went a way too far
>and that we all have better things to do than such playground activity.
>That's not how I envision team work either.
>
>> it probably is better that you refrain from contributing
>> to the team.
>
>Looks like you didn't even care reading what I wrote before replying.
>Otherwise you would know that's what I've been doing already, and one
>of
>the reasons I'm not comfortable moving packages to the team.

My preference would be that you constructively contribute to the team.  I can understand your feelings, but I'd ask you to try and set them aside.

It probably sounds like I'm telling you to go away.  I'm not.

If you can manage to move on from what happened before and work as part of the team, I think we'll all be better off.  Having pkg-openstack be an alternative DPMT isn't a good approach.

For things that aren't used outside openstack, I think it's great to have a focused team.  The other things would be better in DPMT and I don't think you should block that where others want to do it.

Scott K