Re: pyasn1

Vincent Bernat <bernat@debian.org> writes:

> pyasn1 is currently at version 0.1.9. The current version is
> 0.3.7. There is a bug report asking for a new version:
>
>  https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=872724
>
> Should a transition be opened for such a packet (this is not usual to
> have transition for Python packages, but there are many reverse
> dependencies to this one)?

Is the new version likely to break dependencies? If so, a transition
might be good.

Might be worth creating a test version for experimental and rebuilding
all dependancies against it to see if any fail. Although I think I may
have just described a transition anyway :-).
--
Brian May <bam@debian.org>