Re: doc-central

On Thu, 2017-10-12 at 20:10 +1100, Stuart Prescott wrote:
> BTW when doc-central was first orphaned, there was a little
> discussion about
> bringing it under the debian-doc umbrella (but there is no reason not
> to use

That does seem reasonable. I joined the -doc list and emailed them

> d-python either given that discussion never came to anything
> concrete).
> There was also a desire to look at rarian integration for tools like
> yelp
> and khelpcenter for ease of document discovery. Hopefully some of the
> people

I explored a bit after you reminded me about rarian and yelp.

It was never really obvious to me what rarian's purpose was doing from
its freedesktop site. It basically finds doc-base registered and man
pages? (Seems like the kind of thing that should have perl & python
bindings ;) )

Also it looks like none of the Debian documentation tools know about
how to read the GNOME documentation format?

Being able to find all your documentation in one place would really be
convenient.

Diane