Re: [Python-modules-team] python-pip ancient version 1.5 for Debian 8

Correct..

Have tried reportbug but didn't really knew how it worked so I gave up

Den 08-06-2017 kl. 14:21 skrev IOhannes m zmölnig (Debian/GNU):
On 06/08/2017 01:08 PM, Brian May wrote:

I don't actually understand the issue.
jessie: python-pip_1.5.6-5
stretch: python-pip_9.0.1-2
no backports.
i guess the OP has problems using pip as packaged in jessie with newer
repositories (which i haven't tried, so i cannot confirm any problem)

@clark: when reporting bugs, please use the 'reportbug' tool, which will
properly create a ticket in our bug-tracking-system and eventually
contain additional helpful information in assessing your problem.

Clark Knøsen <clark@electrobeat.dk> writes:

python-pip is no longer compatible with newer installations/repos like

# pip install pyvirtualdisplay selenium

python-pip installs 1.5 and the current version i 9.0