Re: PAPT git migration

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 at 15:06:07 +1000, Brian May wrote:
> So to me it looks like the required changes are:
>
> * Rename Author field to From. Ensure it is first field.

It doesn't *have* to be the first, but if it isn't, gbp pq export will
re-order it.

> * Add Date field. Set to what?

The date the change was made, by whatever definition seems most appropriate
(conveniently, the format is the same as in debian/changelog). This would
be used as the author date if the patch gets sent upstream (to a git user).

Strictly speaking this isn't mandatory, but if it's missing, gbp pq import
will assume the current date/time.

> The Applied-upstream field looks nice to have, but maybe not essential.

Nothing except From and Subject is mandatory. I only mentioned the
other fields to illustrate that gbp pq wants to see them in a
pseudo-header at the end (next to Signed-off-by if you use that),
rather than in the email header.