Re: PAPT git migration

Hi Scott (2017.06.01_05:01:00_+0200)
> As long as we have one team solution for this that is documented I
> don't care what it is as long as it works. I don't think we should
> have two approaches.  Let's pick one and use it.  Team members should
> not be surprised when they look at a team git repo.

I don't think anyone is advocating two approaches. But we don't need to
enforce the use of pq. We have git repos that are compatible with the
use of pq, and you can use it to manage your quilt series, if you wish.
The serialized quilt series is what we have in the shared git repo.

The upside of not doing a once-off migration to pq-friendly patch
metadata is that the git migration will cause less churn on source
packages. That patch metadata churn can be delayed until the next
upstream release is imported.

The downside is that it's up to the maintainer to notice and re-format
their patch metadata, the first time they want to use pq, after the
migration.

SR

--
Stefano Rivera