Re: PAPT git migration

Hi Barry (2017.05.31_23:32:20_+0200)
> I did a spot check on twine.  I don't see a debian/.git-dpm file on master so
> git-dpm won't work.  Is it supposed to?
> Let's assume not (which is fine with me; i.e. why adopt git-dpm for PAPT when
> we know we just want to get rid of it later?).

Yep, no git-dpm. For those reasons.

> upstream as described here https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackagingPQ
>
> $ gbp pq export
> - This doesn't work until you at least do a first pq import, but now I see the
>   d/p/changlog-docs patch gets changed in ways that lose information:

Sounds like a limitation of pq import. I'm suprised it doesn't support
DEP3. That was something that dpm got right (once we figured out the
right parameters).

So, our options are:
1. fix pq
2. modify all the patches to a format that pq understands
3. leave this to the maintainer to resolve (I think we expect all pq use
   to be entirely local, so pq use isn't something we're imposing on
   anyone)

SR

--
Stefano Rivera