Re: Heads up about file name changes

Hi Barry!

On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 04:53:54PM -0400, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> So far, I've seen this problem in python-babel and python-pika.  In both
> packages, d/rules tries to remove redundant files.  In babel's case it's
> license.txt[1] and in pika's case it's version_history.txt (same path
> pattern).  In both cases, these d/rules commands fail because the files now
> end in .rst.txt, not .txt.
>
> The fixes are easy of course, but this will probably affect many packages in
> DPMT so I wanted to give a heads up.

Thanks for this heads up! This is a change in Sphinx 1.5, added in
https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/pull/2454.

Sphinx now uses the original file name + sourcelink_suffix (.txt by default)
for files in _sources directory.

Another effect of the same change is that the projects with custom Sphinx
themes and templates now need to add SOURCELINK_SUFFIX option to
DOCUMENTATION_OPTIONS JS object, otherwise the search will not work (like it
is done in https://github.com/rtfd/sphinx_rtd_theme/commit/a5e0e304).

Sphinx 1.5 will be in experimental until the freeze ends, so we still have
time to file and/or fix the bugs.

--
Dmitry Shachnev