Moving a package from collab-maint to python-modules

Hello,

I'd like to package python-jsonpointer for Debian. The filer of the RFP (Bug #754296) Pietro Battiston, has created a repository at

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/python-jsonpointer.git

but has no intention of becoming the maintainer, and the package has not been uploaded. The existing repository does not use git-dpm or pristine-tar.

I'd like to maintain this package within DPMT. Is there a way I can migrate the existing repository, or should I just start again?

Thanks.

Christopher Hoskin