Re: Best way to package a python module which is "private" with exposed calling script

Hi Simon,

Thank you very much for the response!

I've been looking at the offlineimap package on my system (jessie), but in my case `/usr/bin/offlineimap` is _not_ a symlink. Also the python code is not installed to `/usr/share/offlineimap` and instead to `/usr/share/pyshared/offlineimap/` and so if I start a normal interpreter `import offlineimap` does work (which I'd rather it not). Am I completely missing something here or did you possibly mean another example package?

Cheers,
Thomas

P.S. I forgot to subscribe to the list before sending the last email and had to hack in the `In-reply-to` value this time. For any readers, in case I got this wrong this is the post I'm replying to:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2017/02/msg00018.html