Re: git-dpm breakage src:faker

Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> writes:

> On Sunday, January 29, 2017 09:39:10 AM Brian May wrote:
>> Scott Kitterman <debian@kitterman.com> writes:
>> >
>> > Much like the switch from svn to git, I think we need an agreed new
>> > workflow and tools and a migration plan.
>> >
>> > What do you propose?
>>
>> I would think "gbp pq" is the most popular.
>>
>> I think something like:
>>
>> * Don't touch existing packages just for the sake of doing so.
>> * Next time you do need to update a package with a debian/.git-dpm:
>>   1. Delete debian/.git-dpm.
>>   2. Unapply all patches and commit (not sure what the easiest way is)
>>   3. Update debian/source/options with "unapply-patches" (anything else?).
>> * If you encounter a package without debian/.git-dpm, don't re-add it.
>> * Don't push the gbp pq patches queue branch.
>
> I've never used it.
>
> Does that then result in one big undifferentiated mass of diff in the source
> package?

No, it results in separate patches with their headers intact in the
source package. I assume git-dpm (which I've never used) produces the
same end result.

The git repository is of course different, with gbp pq carrying the
patches as patches in the packaging branch, and git-dpm having separate
magical patch branches.

--
Arto Jantunen