Re: Team upload for python-jedi

Hi Ghislain,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 05:53:05PM +0000, Ghislain Vaillant wrote:
> Ok, I have got a working package fixing the RC. However, whoever did
> the migration from svn to git forgot that the source tree was made of
> multiple tarballs (one for jedi, one for jedi-vim) and now the vim
> plugin package cannot be produced because of the missing sources [1].
>
> How I should proceed now?
>
> We could just drop the vim plugin package for now (it does not work
> anyway due to #841043), and consider introducing a new source package
> for it later. Afterall, they are separate projects on GitHub [2, 3].
>
> Otherwise, I guess the svn migration would have to be re-run? I have no
> idea how to do it, nor setting up git-dpm to use multiple tarballs.

The SVN to Git migration was done automatically. I think the script was
just not too smart to deal with multiple tarballs properly.

For now you can just forget about git-dpm, get the sources manually and
copy the Debian directory from Git on top of them.

Now it is too late to fix the DPMT migration script, but it may be not
too late to make sure the problem does not appear with PAPT.

--
Dmitry Shachnev