PEP 384 (limited ABI)

Hi all, and happy holidays!

The new releases of SIP and PyQt are using the limited set of Python ABI [1]
defined in PEP 384 [2], so that the same .so files work with different Python
versions.

As there seems to be no PEP 384 support in dh_python3, I wonder if I should:

A) Build with only one Python 3 version and install the .so files with
   foo.abi3.so filenames (so no rebuilds will be needed for Python updates);
B) Do not change anything: build for all supported Python 3 versions and
   let dh_python3 rename the files;
C) Anything else?

I could not find any discussion of this PEP in Debian except a couple of
messages from 2010 [3].

[1]: https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/news/sip-419
[2]: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0384/
[3]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2010/05/msg00103.html