Upstream's new version for a package awaiting review and upload

Dear teams,

pydbus 0.5.1-1 package [1] is awaiting review and sponsorship [2]. In
the meantime, upstream has released a new version (0.6.0).

Considering that my initial package release has not yet been uploaded
(nor even reviewed), should I update master, upstream and pristine-tar
to sync with upstream sources and modify the initial debian/changelog
entry to reflect the new version number as if the current version never
existed, or should I ignore that the package was never uploaded, tag
the current version as 0.5.1-1 and add a new debian/changelog entry?

Thank you in advance.

[1] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/packages/pydbus.git/
[2] https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2016/12/msg00031.html

--