PAPT Membership request for johntconklin-guest

My employer (Dell EMC) is in the process of contributing components to
the openswitch project. Some of these components have pyang as a build
dependency, which is available from pypi but not as a Debian package.

I'd like to address this, as it would make it easier to use pbuilder,
etc. by simply listing pyang in our component's control file's list of
build dependencies. I'm prepared to maintain debian packaging going
forward.

This is my first Debian packaging contribution, and I thank you in
advice for the guidance and assistance I will undoubtedly need.

My newly minted alioth id is johntconklin-guest, and I've read and
accept the python module policy @
http://python-modules.alioth.debian.org/python-modules-policy.html
and the python application policy @
http://python-apps.alioth.debian.org/policy.html.

Now for some quick questions:

* As pyang is an application, I assume this should fall under the
  Python Applications Team and the package name should be "pyang"
  and not "python-pyang".

* I've created a *.dsc using python-stdeb from the pypi archive.
  Is stdeb's output considered a reasonable starting place?

* What is the next step I need to make? From what I've read so far,
  it looks like I need to upload to svn.debian.org as documented @
  https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/PythonAppsPackagingTeam/HowTo.

Again, thanks in advance for any and all mentoring and sponsorship.

    --jtc