Re: Binary naming for Django Related Packages

Hi,

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> Raphael, do you think that the upstream Django project might be willing to
> make some kind of best practices for naming third party django packages?  If
> they did that, then that would give us a basis for Debian maintainers talking
> to their upstreams about moving to django_.

They already partly do that, see:
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.10/intro/reusable-apps/#packaging-your-app

They recommend a "django-" prefix in the PyPi package name. But they say
nothing about the Python module name and the sample just bundles a "polls"
module in a "django-polls" package.

Thus I posted this to gather their feedback on the need to recommend the
prefix on the name of the module too:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/django-developers/f8yNRkn6Fpo

Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer