Versioned dependencies with stdeb and pybuild

Hi,

I'm trying to package an application with stdeb and pybuild but have
problems generating versioned dependencies in debian/control.

The application requires Python 3.5, so I added to stdeb.cfg

  Depends: python3 (>= 3.5)

The application also specifies the following requirements:

  requests>=2,<3
  pyyaml>=3.11,<4
  pytz>=2016.7
  pip>=7.0.0
  jinja2>=2.8
  voluptuous==0.9.2
  typing>=3,<4
  aiohttp==1.0.5
  async_timeout==1.0.0

I added entries for aiohttp and async_timeout to
debian/py3dist-overrides, because these packages are not included in the
existing mapping. Still, most of the dependencies in debian/control were
not versioned. The dependency on python3 was not included at all.

Looking at dhpython.pydist.guess_dependency, I can see that in order for
a version to be included, the mapping must specify a standard (e.g.
PEP386) or a rule and the operator may not be '==' or '!='. So I could
get versioned dependencies for some requirements with additional entries
in debian/py3dist-overrides, but not for all of them.

If possible, I would like to see 'python3 (>= 3.5)' included and have
all dependencies versioned in debian/control. Any advice on how to
achieve this (or explanation why its a bad idea :))?

Thanks, Malte