Re: python-mkdocs new dependancy

Hi Brian,

On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 06:16:19PM +1000, Brian May wrote:
> So I think it is probably a good idea to have three seperate Debian
> source packages and three seperate binary packages.
>
> It looks like both mkdocs-bootswatch and mkdocs-bootstrap contain
> non-Python code.
>
> So instead of installing these using pybuild/setup.py I could install
> them in /usr/share/mkdocs/themes/mkdocs-bootswatch and
> /usr/share/mkdocs/themes/mkdocs-bootstrap instead.
>
> Then I need to patch mkdocs to look for files in this directory instead
> of using Python's setuptools mechanism.
>
> Does this match what you are thinking?

Your plan LGTM, though I would still use setup.py to install the themes
(with passing appropriate --install-lib), to make sure that the egg-info
directory (with entry points declarations) is still installed.

And then patch mkdocs to add /usr/share/mkdocs/themes to sys.path like
Piotr suggested.

--
Dmitry Shachnev