Re: The state of jupyter in Debian

Hi,

On 16/04/2016 11:38, Yuri D'Elia wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have a general question about the state of the jupyter packages.

I noticed recently that several packages started to pop-up in the
experimental archive, which is great. I've been trying jupyter through
anaconda a couple of times, and I'm looking forward to it.

Although the actual jupyter notebook is still missing.
Any particular trouble with packaging?

I had started a packaging effort months ago for jupyter in Debian, but couldn't push it to completion for personal reasons.

Recently, Julien Cristau and others decided to start where I stopped, and pushed several packages to experimental. I gave them my experimental work to kickstart their effort.

I had a jupyter notebook package, but if I remember well there were problems with some java & nodejs deps. Since things have certainly moved since then, that might not be accurate now.

Those last days I started to brush up my existing packages and hope I'll be able to contribute to jupyter on Debian again.

Snark on #debian-python