Re: Properly splitting Python "-doc" packages

Hi Piotr,

On 14 April 2016 at 10:52, Piotr Ożarowski <piotr@debian.org> wrote:
> that's because python-django is using --buildsystem=pybuild in dh; if you add
>
>   export PYBUILD_NAME=bootstrapvz
>
> it will install .py / egg-info files into python-bootstrapvz binary package
> (please add python-bootstrapvz binary package, BTW)

I had made a test with Pybuild, but ended up facing the same problem.
Now I see that the problem is that the variable "PYBUILD_NAME" should
have a value of "bootstrap-vz" (notice the hyphen), not "boostrapvz".
Probably because this has to be consistent with whatever is the
package name defined in "setup.py", right?

Anyway, if the package is named "python-boostrapvz" it ended up
properly packaging the files, but as I've mentioned here a couple
times before[1][2], I don't want to call any Python application
package as "python-*". bootstrap-vz is a CLI application and should
end up in a package named "bootstrap-vz". The problem is that if I do
this, I'll and up with an empty binary package package again. Is there
a way to tell Pybuild that the Python files should end up in the
package "bootstrap-vz" and not "python-bootstrap-vz"?

> "usr/lib/python*/dist-packages/bootstrapvz/" in bootstrap-vz.install
> doesn't match /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bootstrap_vz-0.9.5.egg-info,
> add this line if you want egg-info to be included:
>
>   /usr/lib/python*/dist-packages/bootstrap_vz-*.egg-info/

If I can fix the package name mentioned above, Pybuild will add the
"*.egg-info/" folder as well.

Regards,
Tiago.

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2016/04/msg00017.html