Upstream has split a package in two -> new Debian package?

Hi!

I'm the package maintainer of mercurial-keyring, a keyring extension for mercurial. Upstream has split some of the functionality of mercurial-keyring into a separate python library and pip package (mercurial_extension_utils). Do I need to create and upload a new package for this library? Or is there another way?

I doubt that this library will get a second user, but you never know...

For reference:
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mercurial_extension_utils
https://pypi.python.org/pypi/mercurial_keyring

Thanks.