Re: running tests against installed version of package

[Thomas Goirand, 2016-04-02]
> > this will test python2.7 only
>
> Running tests with multiple version of Python was out of scope of my
> message.

it might be out of scope of your message, but during package's build all
interpreters ought to be tested

> > and will most probably ignore extensions, etc.
>
> What do you mean? What extensions? Suff like pypy?

no, I mean Python extensions (.so files). distutils builds them by
default in ./build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7/foo (where "lib.linux-x86_64-2.7"
is sometimes random) and this dir is not in sys.path, so you're not
testing built files - you're testing source files only (.so files are not
tested, if any .py file is not installed, your tests will not detect
that, etc.). Testing sources is good, but we can do better.