Re: gphoto2 package name problem

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 12:37 PM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57@debian.org> wrote:
Hi Damon,

On Sun, Feb 21, 2016 at 11:55:28PM +0500, Damon Lynch wrote:
> Good news: the developer of gphoto2-cffi has just confirmed that he is happy
> for both the package name of his project to be renamed into
> "python-gphoto2cffi" in Debian, and for the currently unpackaged project
> "python-gphoto2" to be given the Debian package name his project currently
> uses, "python-gphoto2".

Great!

Have you talked to the upstream developer or to the Debian maintainer?
I meant the latter in my previous message.

> As at the time of writing this email, the project "gphoto2-cffi" has not
> made a new release with the changed module name:
> https://github.com/jbaiter/gphoto2-cffi , although as I noted in my previous
> email, it has made the necessary commit: https://github.com/jbaiter/gphoto2-cffi/commit/6de87c88e56b59588fe1be48e9227dfa00382b91

I'd like the help of a Debian packager / developer to rename a Debian package before Ubuntu 16.04 is released. Very likely also required is changing the name of the package's python module. The Debian package maintainer and upstream developer are in full agreement regarding the changes; all that is lacking is implementing it.

Specifically, via email, I have confirmed that the Debian maintainer of the project "gphoto2-cffi"[1] agrees that its Debian package should be renamed to "python-gphoto2cffi" and that it's python module should be "gphoto2cffi". However the Debian maintainer says he/she been unable to make the changes himself because he/she is too busy. Meanwhile the next Ubuntu release is drawing ever closer.

Thanks,
Damon

[1] https://github.com/jbaiter/gphoto2-cffi