static analysis and other tools for checking Python code

Hi all,

Some of you may have noticed I'm working on a tool called
check-all-the-things that does what it says on the tin.

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/check-all-the-things.git
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/check-all-the-things.git/tree/doc/README

One of the things it has checks for is Python. So far it runs pyflakes
and pep8 and a few hacky greps for some things that shouldn't be done
in Python in my experience.

https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/collab-maint/check-all-the-things.git/tree/data/python

There is a long list of TODO items for Python checking tools. I would
really appreciate some help turning this TODO list into checks and or
packaging of some of the tools not yet in Debian.

If anyone knows of tools that do the equivalent of the hacky greps
that would be helpful too, or even just which tool should be adding
tests for those issues.

If anyone wants to help work on the c-a-t-t code, it is written in Python too.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise