Re: Amend Debian Python Proposal to Include More Python Metadata?

[Donald Stufft, 2016-01-22]
> Now, that’s the high level overview, there’s an easier, more automatic
> way that could maybe just be added to pybuild (Not sure exactly how
> pybuild works) where instead of invoking the setup.py as:
>
>     python setup.py install (or whatever commands/args you’re passing)
>
> You do it as (taken from pip):
>
>     python -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='$PWD/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))” install (or whatever commands/args you’re passing).

let's make a deal. If you will make sure pip doesn't touch system files
(and others will not crucify me for this) - I will make sure pybuild
uses above line (if setuptools is not detected in setup.py but is listed
in Build-Depends).