Re: Python 2 in the default installation -- progress made!

On Fri, Dec 30, 2016 at 06:52:37AM +0100, Matthias Klose wrote:
> I don't know the rationale for having the apt and gpg bindings as Priority
> standard, but if these can be made optional, then the depending packages can be
> made optional as well.

python-apt is standard because it was used by apt-listchanges which is
standard, and nobody followed the transition to Python 3 in apt-listchanges
by switching the priorities in python-apt (2 should become optional, 3 standard).

--
Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev
                  |  Ubuntu Core Developer |