Re: Python package providing both modules and an app

Hi Thomas,

> I did lots of that in OpenStack. You can have a look at one of our tool
> to handle the dh_auto_install for Python:
>
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-pkg-tools.git/tree/build-tools/pkgos-dh_auto_install
>
> The way to use it in your debian/rules file is to do:
> pkgos-alternative slugify slugify
>
> [ this tool is available at:
> http://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/openstack/openstack-pkg-tools.git/tree/misc/pkgos-alternative-bin
> ]
>
> then simply do:
>
> override_dh_auto_install:
> 	pkgos-dh_auto_install
>
> and that's it, it will handle the /usr/bin/python{3,}-slugify
> alternative implementations for you.

That looks very interesting !

However, I have to say I'm a bit reluctant to make the package depend on a
supplementary Build-Dependency only in order to prettify debian/rules.

Anyway, thanks for the advice. :)

Cheers,
 Hugo

--
             Hugo Lefeuvre (hle)    |    www.owl.eu.com
4096/ ACB7 B67F 197F 9B32 1533 431C AC90 AC3E C524 065E