Python package providing both modules and an app

Hi all !

I'm currently packaging python-slugify[0], a Python application for
slugifying unicode strings. Like here[1] upstream decided to write
everything as a python module with an entry script placed in /usr/bin
that calls main(). So we can consider python-slugify as both an application
and a library.

The package is originally requested as a Python module[2] and it seems
clear to me that the whole thing is only useful as a library, so I've
named the source package 'python-slugify'. It provides following packages:
 * 'python-slugify' (Python 2 lib),
 * 'python3-slugify' (Python 3 lib),
 * 'slugify' (ships the entry script[3], depends on python3-slugify).

Everything is working well. However, I'm not really satisfied by the way I
solved the problem in debian/rules[4]. Does anybody know a better way
of doing that ?

Cheers,
 Hugo

[0] https://github.com/un33k/python-slugify
[1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2016/04/msg00001.html
[2] https://bugs.debian.org/816727
[3] The generated entry script is working well so I've kept it.
[4] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/python-modules/packages/python-slugify.git/tree/debian/rules

--
             Hugo Lefeuvre (hle)    |    www.owl.eu.com
4096/ ACB7 B67F 197F 9B32 1533 431C AC90 AC3E C524 065E