Re: python-texttable -- status and interest in becoming the maintainer

On Tuesday, June 14, 2016 12:55:15 AM Sergio Durigan Junior wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm a user of the python-texttable package on Debian, and I noticed that
> it seems abandoned.  The first and only upload happened in 2013, and
> even though there is a new upstream version available the package did
> not get updated.  Its git repository on Alioth has received some
> attention recently, when Ondřej Nový migrated the code from SVN and did
> some adjustments, but the package has not been uploaded.
>
> Anyway, I'm writing this e-mail because I'm interested in the package
> and I would like to maintain it if its current maintainer (or Ondřej)
> has no interest in continuing his work.  I have submitted a bug against
> the package (#826156) and Cc'ed the maintainer to know if he's still
> interested.  I am Cc'ing Ondřej on this message.  I don't know how long
> you usually wait before considering a package to be orphaned, so that's
> another reason I'm writing.
>
> I have worked on an update for the package which can be seen here:
>
>   <http://git.sergiodj.net/?p=debian/python-texttable.git;a=summary>
>
> Anyway, that's it.  I have read the DPMT policy and I agree with it; my
> username on Alioth is sergiodj-guest and I am DM.

Welcome to the team.  Both the git migration and Ondřej recent changes were
general operations done on all team packages and not an indication of any
particular interest.  Particularly since Debian Python Modules Team is set as
maintainer, you should feel free to work on the package.

If you are interested in keeping the package up to date, please add yourself
to Uploaders and then get to work.  Please make sure you use git-dpm on any
DPMT repositories.

Scott K