Re: Maintenance of pydap

Hi Sandro,

I engaged with the pydap community and I can confirm that the project
has moved on from the old 2.x API. Since pydap 3.x is now using a new
namespace (pydap instead of dap), then both package versions should be
co-installable.

Since I need the pydap 3.x API for hdf-compass, I propose to introduce
a new source package for it (which I am happy to maintain) and keep the
old source package alive until all reverse dependencies relying on 2.x
eventually move on.

Hoe does that sound?

Ghis