Re: python-social-auth 0.2.19-1 review

Hi Tiago,

On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 03:00:05AM -0300, Tiago Ilieve wrote:
> At first I thought this would be hard[1], but following the example
> from "python-docutils"[2][3] proved to be quite straightforward. I've
> pushed the changes[4], but there are two related things that I didn't
> figured how to do properly:
>
> - Commit the repackaged tarball contents in the "upstream" branch and
> create a tag named with "+dfsg" suffix. Is "gbp import-orig" able to
> do this by itself?
> - Add "pristine-tar" data for the repackaged tarball. This could
> probably be done when solving the previous question.

Usually one would do both things using:

  git-dpm import-new-upstream --pristine-tar-commit /path/to/tarball

In your case .git-dpm was inconsistent with upstream branch, so I had to
pass the additional --use-strange-upstream-branch argument to the above
command.

Please use the instructions at https://wiki.debian.org/Python/GitPackaging
next time when i.e. importing a new upstream version.

> If you guys can kindly take a look, I'd appreciate.

I have also pushed some packaging simplifications to Git, and also fixed
the KGB hook (s/sphinx/python-social-auth/).

I will upload the package later today.

Also, I noticed that the comment about disabling tests in debian/rules is
out-of-date: the *requirements*.txt files depend on nose >= 1.2.1, which
should be OK (though there are hard dependencies on version numbers for
other packages).

It would be nice to get the tests run during build again, if possible.

--
Dmitry Shachnev