pep8 build depends on jessie

Hello,

If I try to build a package on Jessie using sbuild that has
"python-pep8 | pep8" in the build depends, it gives me the
following error:

--- cut ---
Installing build dependencies
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
or been moved out of Incoming.

 sbuild-build-depends-shortuuid-dummy : Depends: python-pep8 but it is not installable
apt-get failed.
E: Package installation failed
Not removing build depends: cloned chroot in use

Why isn't it falling back to installing pep8 when python-pep8 is not
available? Isn't this the expected behaviour? Or have I got something
wrong?

Regards
--
Brian May <brian@linuxpenguins.xyz>