Re: Upstream has split a package in two -> new Debian package?

Christoph Mathys <eraserix@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm the package maintainer of mercurial-keyring, a keyring extension
> for mercurial.

Thank you for maintaining this in Debian.

> Upstream has split some of the functionality of mercurial-keyring into
> a separate python library and pip package (mercurial_extension_utils).

That seems to imply there will be separate releases and versions for
‘mercurial_extension_utils’. Is that correct?

> Do I need to create and upload a new package for this library? Or is
> there another way?

If the source is managed and released separately, with distinct release
schedule and versions, yes there should be separate Debian packages for
that.

--
 \         “If nature has made any one thing less susceptible than all |
  `\    others of exclusive property, it is the action of the thinking |