Re: dropping top patch with git-dpm

On Apr 04, 2016, at 05:33 PM, Brian May wrote:

>Ok, so as I expected, integrating a new upstream release resolved this
>issue for me. git-dpm import-new-upstream left me in the patched
>directory, and I was able to drop the last patch and then run git-dpm
>update-patches.

When it works, it's magic. ;)

On the rare occasion where I've had to do it manually, I don't use reset.  I
checkout-patched then rebase -i upstream and drop the commit.  I don't know if
that's effectively the same thing as what you've done, and ISTR that it
doesn't always work, but I know that it sometimes does <wink>.

-Barry