Re: Python Policy: Things to consider for Stretch

On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:42 AM, Barry Warsaw wrote:

> I don't remember exactly why we called it 'site-packages' ...

Thanks for the history :)

I always thought it strange to put site- in /usr/local since
/usr/local already implies site/system-wide packages. Same for dist-
since /usr already implies distribution packages. I find it weird that
site- gets used in ~/ since they are clearly user packages not
site/system-wide packages.

Any thoughts on that?

--
bye,