Re: Updating python-jsmin

On 01/14/2016 07:16 PM, Mattia Rizzolo wrote:
>> Usually I generate the orig.tar.gz from git tags myself (gbp will do it
>> > for you) and upload that.
> umh, how gbp does that without pristine-tar?

Just tell gbp to use tags this way:

# cat debian/gbp.conf
[DEFAULT]
debian-branch = somethingyoulike
upstream-tag = %(version)s
compression = xz

It's very convenient. I like it a way more than using pristine tar,
which forces you to use 3 branches, when really, a single one is needed.
This way, it is also very easy to tag any commit and package that.

You can produce the tarball using something like this:

DEBPKGNAME=`dpkg-parsechangelog -S Source` \
VERSION=`dpkg-parsechangelog -S Version | sed -e 's/[-].*//'` \
git archive --prefix=$(DEBPKGNAME)-$(VERSION)/ $(GIT_TAG) \
	| xz >../$(DEBPKGNAME)_$(VERSION).orig.tar.xz

Note that you may want to add this to the VERSION thing to handle EPOCH:
-e 's/^[[:digit:]]*://'. And also, since the -S option for
dpkg-parsechangelog doesn't work in trusty, you may prefer to use grep /
sed / awk.

These days, 99,99% of my upstream authors are using a public Git
repository. They sometime forget to tag before releasing to PyPi,
however, it's trivial to find out which commit matches the PyPi release
(most of the time, a quick look at matching release and commit dates are
enough to find out).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)