Re: upgrading setuptools in virtualenv leaves behind version 5.5.1

Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar@debian.org> writes:

>> Problem is some packages will pickup pkg_resources from
>> setuptools-5.5.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl instead of the new version I just
>> thought I installed.
> I don't see where did you install the new version.

Sorry, somehow I managed to stuff up the copy and paste. I actually run
"pip install -U setuptools" as below.

brian@prune:~$ rm -rf /tmp/virtual/
brian@prune:~$ virtualenv /tmp/virtual
Running virtualenv with interpreter /home/brian/.pyenv/shims/python2
New python executable in /tmp/virtual/bin/python2
Also creating executable in /tmp/virtual/bin/python
Installing setuptools, pip...done.
brian@prune:~$ . /tmp/virtual/bin/activate
(virtual)brian@prune:~$ pip install -U setuptools
Downloading/unpacking setuptools from https://pypi.python.org/packages/3.5/s/setuptools/setuptools-19.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl#md5=7bdac510b6bc1675a2a149eb3f81af77
  Downloading setuptools-19.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl (463kB): 463kB downloaded
Installing collected packages: setuptools
  Found existing installation: setuptools 5.5.1
    Uninstalling setuptools:
      Successfully uninstalled setuptools
Successfully installed setuptools
Cleaning up...