Will fix python-django-registration RCs shortly (Was: Re: Request to join DPMT && python-django-registration)

Hi list, interested parties,

On Mi, 2015-11-11 at 16:39 +0100, Stephan Sürken wrote:
> I would like to join the DPM Team. I am a DD, my user name on alioth is
> "absurd" (and yes, I read the policy document and I am aware of the git
> move ;).

seems I am still not in the official members list

https://alioth.debian.org/projects/python-modules/

but maybe I am just not getting something ;).

So anyway, this is to avoid maybe ongoing duplicate work. If no one
objects, I will...

> As first urgent quest I would like to fix the RC django 1.8 (I already
> did some work on that package for some time before it was moved to the
> DPMT).

...update the package shortly (i.e., within this week). This will focus
on minimal changes to make it work with django 1.8+.

> As for p-d-r in general: Has there been any discussion here already
> if/how to package 'p-d-r-redux' (which seems to be a (still maintained)
> fork)?

As we now have #806182, I am hoping for some discussion/advice there how
to exactly handle this in the future (I have not looked into *-redux at
all yet).

So the 1st question for me is whether it's really a drop-in replacement,
or if we might, at this point, create a new package *-redux (maybe with
the option to fix #567739, too).

Thx for any advice on this!