Re: [Python-modules-team] My Pip installation is broken after upgrading Debian from oldstable/Wheezy to stable/Jessie...

Hello,
sorry for the delay in my reply!

On Saturday, January 02, 2016 10:32:50 AM Brian May wrote:
> Are you sure? This bug was supposedly fixed in the Jessie version...

03_export-IncompleteRead.patch is still present in the requests packaging
(since pip version in Debian still need it) and was shipped with requests
2.4.3-2.

@Ant Dude: just to recap and to be sure I understand correctly: you should
have installed requests 2.4.3-6 and python-pip (1.5.6-5), right?
Renaming requests (Debian packaged version) install directory make pip work,
right?
Debian packaged version of pip doesn't use convenience copies, so do you have
a version of requests installed not using apt?
Please can you tell me what is the output of the following?

    python -c "import requests; print requests.__version__"

Please, can you also try:

    python -c "from requests.compat import IncompleteRead"

Thanks!

--
 Daniele Tricoli 'eriol'
 https://mornie.org