Re: How to maintain multiple branches (sid/bpo/exp etc)?

> Raphael can probably say more about this, and advocate for DEP-14, which in
> your case probably makes more sense than I have:
>
> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep14/
>
> It's probably worth some experimentation to see if DEP-14 is the right
> approach for you, and how that might inform updates to DPMT policy at some
> point.  Just remember to document it in README.source. ;)

yeah I think DEP-14 is the right approach here, but it has 2 drawbacks:

1. I have a simple package, which I keep maintaining with the usual
'master' and 'upstream' branches, but then the testing freeze will
come and I want to start uploading to experimental, at that point I
need to change the layout of the repo (annoying, but I am the
maintainer, I can do that I guess)

2. what if I am not the package maintainer tough? I cannot enforce a
new layout to that repo. take this real-life example sqlalchemy: I
asked Piotr for a jessie backport of 1.0.8, he agreed I can go ahead,
I have a package ready and I dont know how to commit it to the repo.
what should I do at this point?