Re: Git migration schedule

[Jean-Michel Vourgère, 2015-10-18]
> You labelled the wiki as "official" and use terms like "must". I dislike
> that.

wiki can say "official" or "must", but it's still just a wiki, what you
have to comply to is DPMT policy!

> "master" branch name is already used by upstream (This is *very* often

why does it matter what upstream uses?

`git remote add upstream_repo $url_to_upstream_repo && git fetch upstream_repo`
and then create local "upstream" branch that follows whatever upstream
main branch is (I'm not a fan of fetching all upstream commits, though)

> I'm not using git-buildpakage, but a simple debuild (tests) or sbuild

add to ~/.gbp.conf these two lines:

  [buildpackage]
  builder=sbuild

and `gbp buildpackage` will use sbuild

dunno yet what's the difference (simple `sbuild` works for me as
well). We'll see in DPMT policy if gbp is really needed...
--
evil general Piotr