Re: Python < 3.5 tests

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015 at 22:44 Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57@debian.org> wrote:
Python 3.4 is still the default version in Debian. We can't do the switch
at once, so the transition is split into three steps:

1) Add Python 3.5;
2) Make 3.5 the default;
3) Remove Python 3.4.

We are currently in the end of first step, AFAIK. And Python 3.4 will
be removed only when all three steps are finished.

Ok, so I guess this means some packages (at the moment) will run tests against Python 3.5, but some won't.

What is the best way of calling unittest2 from debian/rules? Is the following - which I suspect won't use Python 3.5 until it becomes the default - OK, or should I try to do something that iterates over all Python versions?

 override_dh_auto_test:
    python -m unittest2 discover -v
    python3 -m unittest2 discover -v

(also somebody said "python -m unittest2.discover" however I found that didn't work)